XLAB Torpedo System 100
Low cost refillable BTA system. Folding straw. Includes TORPEDO MINI MOUNT ALLOY, VEE CAGE, AERO COMPUTER MOUNT, 2 Lids, & Bite Valve. Vertically & horizontally adjustable. Aerodynamically invisible. 196 grams.
Easy to Drink & Refill
- 2 straw positions along with cage & mount adjustments allows for perfect straw location.
- Included bite valve allows for fluid intake only, no air intake which causes bloating.
- Bite valve keeps fluid at top of straw for faster drinking.
- Refilling & Replacing Options
- Solid Refill Lid is ideal for adding powder, tablets and fluid.
- Slotted Refill Lid is ideal for adding tablets and fluid.
- Refill area is located behind the computer allowing you to keep the computer screen clean & clear!
- The TORPEDO BOTTLE can be moved to another XLAB cage on your bike so you can use standard bottles or bottles from an aid station.
Bottle Design & Features
- One piece body ensures no leaking!
- Bottle made in the USA and is lead free, BPA-Free and HDPE food safe certified
- TRUE 26 oz bottle capacity (768 mL)
Proven aerodynamically invisible by 5x WORLD CHAMPION Craig Alexander & Mat Steinmetz at the Velodrome, June 2013.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) airflow optimized and velodrome aero testing approved.
- Bottle body design
- Contoured design to fit your arm shape.
- Small frontal area that allows a clean airflow around the bottle.
- Kamm tail. Reduces drag by 50%
- Airflow straighteners designed into the bottle to gather airflow for a clean, straight exit air flow.
- Flush lids reduce drag.
- Spacers - allows you to adjust the bottle to the height of your arms resulting in zero crosswind drag.
- Dolphin tail designed straw retainer - allows you to fold the straw flat. Directs air over the straw. Saves up to 100 grams of straw drag.
- Computer mounted in front of the bottle, not on top which increases aero drag.
Easy Computer Viewing
Why mount a computer behind your line of sight? The TORPEDO SYSTEM is designed to have the computer mounted in front of the bottle. Look down with your eyes and not your head!
Easier to Handle in Winds
The TORPEDO SYSTEM was designed to mount further back allowing easier steering for the rider
- Weight is moved back off aerobar extensions. Up to 4 inches (100 mm) of adjustment.
- TORPEDO BOTTLE extends uniquely beyond the rear of the cage to help move weight back.
Versatile Sturdy Mounting
When you want a sturdy, reliable hydration source, trust XLAB!
- Uses XLAB’s proven 4 Strap System
- Fits bars 80mm – 130mm center to center
- No tools required for easy removal
- Uses the XLAB anti-slip nylon composite "VEE" cage with specially designed rubber retainer.
The XLAB TORPEDO SYSTEM is up to 100 grams lighter than others on the market!
TORPEDO SYSTEM 100 – 196 grams typical
The TORPEDO SYSTEM comes with a variety of components allowing versatility for any rider!
The entire system includes:
- Bottle & Bottle Accessories: Bottle body, Straw, Bite Valve, Aero Straw Retainer, Solid Lid, Slotted Lid, Spare Straw Hole Plug.
- Bottle Cage
- Mounting Accessories: Torpedo Mini Mount, Height Adjustable Spacers, 4 XTS Mounting Straps.
- Computer Mount: Popular AERO COMPUTER MOUNT
- All the necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.